Editor’s note: The following is a list of the board, commission and council meetings that are scheduled this week around Humboldt County.
Arcata City Council
When: Special meeting Wednesday at 6 p.m.
Where: City Hall Council Chamber: 736 F St, Arcata
• The council will meet in closed session for an employee evaluation of the city manager and labor negotiations with the Arcata Police Association.
Agendas can be accessed online at http://arcataca.iqm2.com/Citizens/default.aspx.
College of the Redwoods Board of Trustees
When: First Tuesday of the month at 1 p.m.
Where: 7351 Tompkins Hill Road, Eureka
• Consider emeritus faculty nominations
• Consider approving curriculum changes, including “development of new student and course learning outcomes.”
• Consider RFP for district auditor.
The agenda can be accessed online at www.redwoods.edu/board.
Eureka City Council
When: First and third Tuesdays of the month at 6 p.m.
Where: Eureka City Council chambers, 531 K Street, Eureka
• Closed session: Consult with legal counsel for existing litigation.
• Consider resolution in support of local Dungeness crab fishery.
• Consider “native plant landscape” initiative at Sequoia Park Zoo.
• Consider inviting 18 existing cannabis to apply for conditional use retail permits.
• Receive report on goals, policies and programs for housing.
The agenda can be accessed online at http://www.ci.eureka.ca.gov.
Humboldt County Board of Supervisors
When: Every Tuesday except for the fifth Tuesday of a month at 9:00 a.m.; special meeting Monday at noon
Where: Supervisors chambers, 825 Fifth St., Eureka
• Closed session at special meeting: Confer with legal counsel over lawsuit by county counsel Jeff Blanck against Human Resources director Lisa DeMatteo.
• Closed session at special meeting: Discuss other existing legal matters.
• Regular meeting: Consider calling on the state to “abandon” the high-speed rail project.
• Consider signing a letter to the state Coastal Commission to delay a hearing on the Trinidad Rancheria hotel project.
• Consider signing a letter opposing the closure of Humboldt State University radio station KHSU.
• Consider approving application package for “early intervention” program to improve mental health services in the county.
• Consider approving storm damage repair project for Maple Lane in the Myrtletown area of Eureka.
• Consider storm damage repair projects for Harris and Steelhead roads.
• Receive presentation from College of the Redwoods on handling homelessness and food insecurity.
• Consider third-quarter fiscal budget review.
• Receive Immigration and Customs Enforcement statistics for 2018; consider potential community forum.
The agenda can be accessed online at https://humboldt.legistar.com/Calendar.aspx.
Rio Dell City Council
When: First and third Tuesdays of each month at 6:30 p.m.; closed session Tuesday at 5:30 p.m.
Where: Rio Dell City Hall council chambers, 675 Wildwood Ave., Rio Dell
• Closed session at 5:30 p.m.: Confer with legal counsel about city Police Officers Association contract employees.
• Consider road repair resolution.
• Consider formally opposing Assembly Bill 1356 relating to commercial cannabis provisions.
• Receive a presentation on a wind energy project.
• Receive an independent auditor’s report.
• Consider approving a Planning Commission appointment.
The agenda can be accessed online at http://cityofriodell.ca.gov/agendas-minutes-0.