Editor’s note: The following is a list of the board, council and commission meetings that are scheduled this week around Humboldt County.
Arcata Planning Commission
When: Second and fourth Tuesdays of every month at 6 p.m.
Where: City Hall Council Chamber: 736 F St, Arcata
• Public hearing: Consider providing the city council a recommendation of McKinley statue removal project.
The agenda can be accessed online at https://www.cityofarcata.org/446/Planning-Commission.
Humboldt Bay Fire Joint Powers Authority
When: Second Wednesday of each month at 4 p.m.
Where: Humboldt Bay Fire Conference Room, 533 C Street Eureka,
• Review and consider making final recommendations or changes to the fire chief recruitment process.
• Consider terminating “prevention services” contract with Arcata Fire District due to retirements from Humboldt Bay Fire.
• Closed session: discuss executive employees’ contracts.
The agenda can be accessed online at http://www.hbfire.org/2018-board-agendas-minutes
Humboldt Bay Municipal Water Board
When: Second Thursday of each month at 9 a.m.
Where: 828 Seventh St., Eureka
• Discuss letter regarding proposed changes in calculations of annual dam fees
• Discuss letter to state Department of Toxic Substances regarding contamination at the site of former McNamara & Peepe lumber mill in Glendale area.
• Receive an update on water resource planning, including local sales, transport and in-stream flow dedication.
• Receive status report on cannabis grows affecting Mad River.
• Discuss the county Board of Supervisors’ zone reclassifications to implement General Plan update.
• Discuss sustainable groundwater management final basin prioritizations.
• Closed session: Evaluate general manager performance.
• Receive report on surge tower replacement award project.
• Closed session: discuss negotiations over Lazzar development at 27th and Alliance Road.
• Receive presentation by Cathy MacLeod/MacLeod Watts.
The agenda can be accessed online at https://www.hbmwd.com/meetings
Trinidad City Council
When: Second (and fourth) Wednesdays of the month at 6 p.m.; special meeting Monday at 4:00 p.m.
Where: Trinidad Town Hall 409 Trinity St., Trinidad
• Special meeting: In closed session, discuss city manager hiring process.
• Regular meeting: Consider authorizing grant application to North Coast Resource Partnership for water line replacements.
• Discuss zoning map amendment for parcel; zone may reclassify from urban residential to planned development.
• Discuss California Environmental Quality Act notice of exemption and resolution regarding authorization of a loan application to the California Energy Commission for the Trinidad Town Hall photovoltaic project.
The agenda can be accessed online at http://trinidad.ca.gov/calendar