The following is a press release from the Humboldt County Drug Task Force:
The Humboldt County Drug Task Force (HCDTF) seeks the public’s assistance with the apprehension of several fugitives associated with various drug trafficking organizations. These fugitives currently have felony arrest warrants issued from the Humboldt Superior Court.
- Rodrigo “Shorty” Rios 10/17/1976 – Conspiracy to distribute heroin – $250,000 bail
- Ariel Arguelles-Sosa 11/26/1977 – Cocaine distribution – $200,000 bail
- Juan Barraza-Hidalgo 06/26/1997 – Transportation of controlled substances-$550,000 bail
- Rudy Ismael Nunez 01/14/1992 – Transportation and sales of narcotics – $50,000 bail
- Oscar Carranza 10/09/1996 – Possession of controlled substance – $100,000 bail
- Juan Reyes-Perez 06/24/1988 – Transportation of controlled substances -$100,000 bail
- Ricardo Avalos 05/10/1980 – Transportation of controlled substances-$50,000 bail
To date, HCDTF has confiscated 27.36 pounds of methamphetamine, 34.57 pounds of heroin, and 3.06 pounds of cocaine. Some of these stats are based upon investigations involving these fugitives.
HCDTF credits tips received by the public which has assisted in numerous investigations. Anyone with knowledge of the current whereabouts of these fugitives is asked to call the Humboldt County Drug Task Force at 707-444-8095 or the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office Tip Line at 707-268-2539.