Editor’s note: The following is a list of the board, council and commission meetings that are scheduled this week around Humboldt County.
Arcata City Council
When: First and third Wednesday of the month at 6 p.m.; Special meeting at 4:45 p.m.
Where: City Hall Council Chamber: 736 F St, Arcata
• In a special meeting right before its regular meeting time, the council will interview two applicants for a position on the economic development committee and four applicants for two positions on the planning commission.
• The council will consider a construction grant allowing the state Wildlife Conservation Board to acquire close to 1,000 acres of property in the county.
• The council will hear a presentation from Humboldt State University’s off-campus housing coordinator on housing resources for students and landlords.
• The council will hold a public hearing over abating “nuisances” at a property on Hilfiker Drive.
• The council will authorize a grant of $7,800 for the Arcata Play Center. The grant money will come from the county Department of Health and Human Services.
• The council will consider a recommendation to direct staff to get started on two initiatives that would purportedly create an “immediate impact” on the city’s homelessness.
• The council will consider supporting the county association of governments’ “housing methodology,” built to “increase the supply and mix of housing affordable to a range of income levels.”
The agenda can be accessed online at http://arcataca.iqm2.com/Citizens/default.aspx.
College of the Redwoods Board of Trustees
When: First Tuesday of the month at 1 p.m.
Where: 7351 Tompkins Hill Road, Eureka
• The board will consider purchasing a parking lot at Amigo Court in Eureka/Bayview in order to build a house for the college’s Construction Technology Program.
• The board will hear informational reports on dual enrollment and a student homeless and food insecurity project.
The agenda can be accessed online at redwoods.edu/board
Eureka City Council
When: First and third Tuesdays of the month at 6 p.m.
Where: Eureka City Council chambers, 531 K St., Eureka
• The council will consider a resolution to approve grant funding from the state coastal conservancy to the Elk River Estuary Tidal Marsh Restoration for construction purposes.
• The council will discuss a $450,000 traffic signal at the intersection of Broadway and Vigo Street; the signal would be necessary for the possible future arrival of an In-N-Out Burger location.
The agenda can be accessed online at ci.eureka.ca.gov
Humboldt Bay Municipal Water Board
When: Second Thursday of each month at 9 a.m.
Where: 828 Seventh St., Eureka
• The board will continue to discuss rezoning issues that were discussed during the Humboldt County Planning Commission.
• The board will continue to discuss how cannabis grows are affecting the Mad River watershed.
The agenda can be accessed online at https://www.hbmwd.com/meetings
Humboldt County Board of Supervisors
When: Every Tuesday of the month at 9 a.m. except the fifth Tuesday.
Where: Supervisors chambers, 825 Fifth St., Eureka
• The board will receive a report on vacancies in the resource conservation district.
• The board will consider approving a services agreement for adult and youth inpatient psychiatric services.
• The board will consider a budget request to install library fences and gates.
• The board will appoint its 2019 delegate and alternate to the Rural County Representatives of California board of directors and Golden State Finance Authority.
• The board will hear an appeal by the City of Fortuna of the county Planning Commission’s approval of conditional use permits for indoor cannabis cultivation at the Humboldt Boutique Gardens.
The agenda can be accessed online at https://humboldt.legistar.com/Calendar.aspx.
Rio Dell City Council
When: First and third Tuesdays of each month at 6:30 p.m.
Where: Rio Dell City Hall council chambers, 675 Wildwood Ave., Rio Dell
• The council will receive a presentation on the Potter Valley project.
• The council will consider an ordinance establishing vacation dwelling regulations.
The agenda can be accessed online at http://riodellcity.com/departments/city-council/