Editor’s note: The following is a list of the board, council and commission that are scheduled this week around Humboldt County.
Arcata Planning Commission
When: Second and fourth Tuesdays of every month at 6 p.m.Where: City Hall Council Chamber: 736 F St, Arcata
• The council will consider a design review permit for a single-family residence at the Bayview Neighborhood Conservation Area.
The agenda can be accessed online at https://www.cityofarcata.org/446/Planning-Commission
Blue Lake City Council
When: Second and fourth Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m.Where: Skinner Store Building behind City Hall
• The council will consider naming park at corner of Broderick and Chartin “Rodda Park.”
• The council will consider city councilmembers from process of signing checks.
The agenda can be accessed online at http://bluelake.ca.gov/city/council/agendas.
Eureka Planning CommissionWhen: Second Monday of the month at 5:30 p.m.Where: Eureka City Council chambers, 531 K Street, Eureka
• There will be public hearings for several cannabis retail and manufacturing facilities that wish to obtain “conditional use” permits.
The agenda can be accessed online at http://www.ci.eureka.ca.gov/cals/.
Humboldt Bay Fire Joint Powers AuthorityWhen: Second Wednesday of each month at 3:45 p.m., special meeting of personnel committee at 2:30 WednesdayWhere: Humboldt Bay Fire Conference Room, 533 C Street Eureka,
• During the regular meeting, there will be a closed session regarding unrepresented executive employee contracts.
The agenda can be accessed online at http://www.hbfire.org/agendas.html.
Humboldt Bay Municipal Water Board
When: Second Thursday of each month at 9 a.m.Where: 828 Seventh St., Eureka
• The board will hear a status update on several factors behind water use, including local sales, transport, and instream flow dedication.
• The board will discuss Senate Bill 844 and 845, regarding a drinking water tax.
• The board will discuss how cannabis grows are affecting the Mad River watershed.
• The board will hear a status update on a local hazard mitigation plan.
• The board will discuss Senate Bill 1029 regarding the Great Redwood Trail Act.
The agenda can be accessed online at https://www.hbmwd.com/meetings
Humboldt County Board of Supervisors
When: Every Tuesday except for the 5th Tuesday of a monthWhere: Supervisors chambers, 825 Fifth St., Eureka
• The board plans to pass by consent a proclamation naming the week of September 17th through September 23rd, 2018 “Constitution Week,” per a request from the Eel River Chapter of the National Society of Daughters of the American Revolution.
• The board will consider applying for local implementation agreements regarding the provision of professional services intended to reduce the impact of mental illness within Humboldt County.
• The board will consider adopting an ordinance authorizing the public works director to acquire and accept interest in real property on behalf of the board.
• The board will consider approving an agreement to consolidate Dial-A-Ride services for elderly and disabled citizens through Humboldt County and City of Arcata government entities.
• The board will consider resolving to “summarily” vacate a portion of Burrell Road in Honeydew.
The agenda can be accessed online at https://humboldt.legistar.com/Calendar.aspx.
Trinidad City Council
When: Second and fourth Wednesdays of the month at 6 p.m..Where: Trinidad Town Hall 409 Trinity St., Trinidad
• The council will discuss drafting a response to the Humboldt County Civil Grand Jury reports.
• The council will discuss developing an Administrative Fines Ordinance.
• After a closed session regarding the topic, the council will discuss its real estate negotiations with Verizon Wireless over the Trinidad Head Cell Tower.
The agenda can be accessed online at http://www.trinidad.ca.gov/documents-library.html.