The following is a press release from Humboldt County:
The Humboldt County Board of Supervisors is currently accepting applications for the Housing Trust Fund and Homelessness Solutions Committee. Among other duties, this committee will recommend to the Board projects that should be funded using monies derived from the Affordable Housing Trust Fund, which was created in January.
The Board on Tuesday declared that a shelter crisis exists in Humboldt County, and last month created a trust fund that is dedicated to affordable housing. The seed money for the trust fund will come when the county sells property on Lucas Street in Eureka. In addition to recommending projects for funding, this committee will provide a forum for the public to discuss housing and homelessness solutions, and recommend funding sources to contribute to the trust fund.
Those interested in serving on this committee can fill out an application and submit it to the Clerk of the Board by Friday, March 30, 2018 for the available seats, though citizens can submit an application at any time thereafter for future openings. The committee is made up of 11 appointees. Appointments will be made for the following seats:
• One member from each supervisorial district
• One member nominated by the Humboldt Housing and Homeless Coalition
• One member nominated by the Planning & Building Director
• One member nominated by the Department of Health & Human Services Director
• One member appointed by the Board with experience in developing affordable housing projects
• One member appointed by the Board representing the homeless or recently homeless community
• One member appointed by a majority vote of the Board of Supervisors.
Applications can be emailed to the Clerk of the Board at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
County of Humboldt
Clerk of the Board
825 5th Street, Room 111
Eureka, CA 95501
The Board is expected to take up this item again in April with the first committee meeting to take place shortly thereafter.
To learn more, visit the Housing Trust Fund and Homelessness Committee web page.