EUREKA >> Each year the Humboldt Branch of AAUW (American Association of University Women) offers scholarships from $150-$1,500 to re-entry women students at Humboldt State University. Applicant eligibility requirements:
• Be an HSU women re-entry student who had returned to schooling after a minimum of a five-year absence during college/university years
• Be enrolled full-time in upper division or graduate level courses
• Be a resident of Humboldt, Del Norte, or Trinity counties
• Have been at HSU long enough to have a current grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.0
• Demonstrate financial need Applicants can download an application form by going online to www.Humboldt Branch AAUW - Re-entry scholarship application. Click on it, even if it indicates 2013. The 2014 form will come up. Forms are also available by going online onto HSU's website and then to Financial Aid Dept. and search for scholarships. AAUW's form is included there. Forms can also be requested by calling 707-444-3387. The deadline by which time the Scholarship Committee must receive the completed form and separately mailed-in references is Oct. 31, 2014. The forms and references should be mailed to P.O. Box 7, Eureka, 95502. For any questions, use the number provided above.