Come sip wine while shopping locally at the annual Shelter Cove Arts and Crafts Fair, Saturday, Nov. 10, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Community Clubhouse, 1555 Upper Pacific Drive, in Shelter Cove.
Featuring Southern Humboldt artisans, the sale is a great way to do some early shopping. Food by Jam Buddies and wine by the glass will be for sale.
Here is a partial list of what you will find at the sale:
- Margriet Seinen’s original silk paintings and affordable prints, framed and unframed, as well as note cards featuring images of her silk paintings.
- Linda Winkler’s jewelry, inspired from nature, made from silver, gemstones, and fresh water pearls.
- Sally Harris, a new resident of the Cove will be showing her local photography.
- Marty Flora’s beautiful pottery including bowls, plates, mugs and her popular fish-plates.
- Recycle In Style, purses, tote bags and aprons, handmade by Cheryl Lisin using quality repurposed fabrics.
- Wes Edwards’ fine art photography specializing in local photographs of Shelter Cove.
- Herbalist Michele Palazzo’s fine herbal remedies including herbal teas, bath salts, body lotions, eye pillows, healing salves and more.
- Former high school ceramics teacher Diane Turner’s functional ceramic ware.
- Lovely watercolors by Joyce Willis and acrylic paintings of redwoods, land and seascapes by Bruce Willis.
- Toni Caldwell’s decorative scarves and hats, made using specialty yarns including metallic threads and mixed textures and colors.
- Handmade hooded baby towels and baby quilts. Profits go to support children’s and youth activities in Southern Humboldt through the Jake Correll Memorial Fund.
- Delicious wildflower and local Whitethorn honey, beeswax candles and ornaments from Gail Clark and Jim Talboy.
- Paintings and wall art created by the talented Sue Sack.
- Glass ornaments filled with Shelter Cove sand and shells by Dena and Samantha Baker.
- LaVonne Borgman’s afghans, pillows and knitted hats.
- Once A Pagan, a historical and autobiographical book by Raven White.
So come shop locally and enjoy a fun, free event in beautiful Shelter Cove. This event is sponsored by the Shelter Cove Pioneers.