Madisyn Salomon finished 8th in the discus (79’9”) and 10th in the long jump (12’6”). Both achievements were personal records.
In the boys’ discus Sean Sweeney had a personal record when he placed 11th with a throw of 94’8”.
Dustyn Salomon continued his standout season finishing second in both the 1600 (4:40.46) and 3200 (10:15.09). Dustyn is recovering from an ankle injury and is hoping to be closer to full strength next weekend.
Maricela Lopez got a PR in the 800 meters, finishing 16th with a time of 2:50.41.
Alea Ahola had two personal records. Ahola finished 19th in the 100 meters (14.73) and 17th in the 200 meters (30.75)
Katy Johnson had two personal records. Katy finished 33rd in both the 100 meters (15.49) and 200 meters (32.73).
The next meet for the Cubs is the pre-county meet at Fortuna on Friday, May 9 starting at 2 p.m.
PHOTOS COURTESY OF HEATHER SALOMON
1. Dustyn Salomon leads the pack during the 1600-meter race last Wednesday, April 30.
2. Madisyn Salomon makes a big effort in the long jump.
3. Maricela Lopez in the 800-meter race.
4. Alea Ahola during the 100-meter race.
5. Sean Sweeney puts his all into the discus.